Salted Honey Ice-Cream
This is my new favourite no-churn ice-cream – it uses condensed milk so does not require an ice-cream maker. It is seriously good! I have taken the recipe from Skye McAlpine’s cookbook, ‘A Table for Friends’, she has completely nailed the balance of flavours – the sweetness of the honey is toned down with the bitterness of dark chocolate and a little sea salt. It really is divine, you must try it!…
(Go to my Desserts Page for Coffee & Cardamom Ice-Cream and Strawberry Ice-Cream – both of these are also easy, no-churn recipes!)
600g double cream
1 x 397g tin of condensed milk
80g runny honey
½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
100g dark chocolate (I use Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate), chopped, plus more to serve
- Whisk the cream until stiff peaks begin to form (take care not to over whip as you want the texture to be smooth).
- Gently fold the condensed milk into the cream, then drizzle in the honey, sprinkle with salt and fold all the ingredients evenly together.
- Toss in the chopped chocolate and gently stir through so that it is peppered throughout the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and to stop ice crystals forming, cover the mixture with a sheet of greaseproof paper before putting the lid on.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight. The ice-cream will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Scoop to serve and sprinkle with chopped chocolate.
Published by Menu Mistress
Cooking has always been something I have enjoyed, I have an extensive collection of cookbooks, some are well thumbed whilst others collect dust on the shelves; I can’t bear to get rid of any cook book, just in case one day I might use it for that one obscure recipe - light on a rainy day!
I enjoy eating out and discovering new flavours, whether it’s just a local haunt or a ‘dress up’ to dinner restaurant - food is my hobby! In my opinion food is the one of the most important pieces of knowledge you need to know about any culture in order to really understand it, so when we go away, it’s not the local sights that I’m googling but the best place to eat!
I am not one of those fortunate cooks who can throw something together by looking at the contents of their fridge, I need a plan to work with, then I organise my fridge around the recipe. I am however a very organised person, you might even call me a control freak! I love the orderly fashion of a recipe, I find it soothing to have a plan in front of me, so the thought of trawling through my recipe books and trying new recipes is my idea of a perfect afternoon. But I realise that this is not everyones idea of fun, hence the birth of this blog. This blog is essentially for people who adore food but don’t have the time, patience or energy to search through cook books to find that winning recipe – that’s the job of Menu Mistress!
View all posts by Menu Mistress
2 thoughts on “Tuesday Treat”
Wow, this looks SO good! It’s been so hot recently, this would be the perfect dessert recipe. 🙂
Lucky you having hot weather, here in London we’re still waiting for summer to arrive…but I hear that the weather is changing for the better by the end of the week….either way this ice-cream is the perfect treat to have in your freezer!
LikeLiked by 2 people