Homemade Oven Chips (Serves 1)
These go with almost everything and also make a great snack on their own! Depending on how hungry you are, or the number of friends you’re feeding, double, triple or quadruple the ingredients!
1 baking potato
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven 200’c fan.
- Cut the potato into thick chips, there is no need to peel them.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the chips, boil for 4 minutes then drain well.
- Coat the chips with the olive oil and lay them out in single layer on a baking tray.
- Place in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, turning a few times during cooking.
- Serve immediately.
Perfect Jacket Potatoes (Serves 1)
I find that by lightly oiling the potatoes with olive oil before baking them, really helps crisp up the skins.
1 large baking potatoes
Butter to serve
- Prick the skin of the potato lightly with a fork. Using a piece of kitchen roll lightly wipe it over with some olive oil and then sprinkle with salt.
- Place directly on the shelf of a preheated oven, 200’c fan, and cook for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until the skin is crisp and the potato inside is deliciously fluffy!
- Serve with a knob of butter.
This butter is great on toast, over a jacket potato or simply stirred through some cooked pasta for a quick snack, or for something a little more fancy slice it over a piece of meat, such a lamb chop or a minute steak. It’s a great way to use up leftover anchovies, this butter will keep in your freezer, then you can simply slice it as and when you need!
150g unsalted butter, softened
8 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and chopped
A little juice from a lemon
- Mash up the anchovy fillets with a squeeze of lemon juice. Mix well with the softened butter until combined.
- Place on a sheet of clingfilm and roll into a log shape. Place in the freezer, wrapped in the clingfilm and slice as needed.